Universal Care Training (UCT) treats the privacy of our visitors, users and customers with the highest importance. This policy details the measures that we take to preserve and safeguard your privacy when you visit our website, make an enquiry, communicate with our personnel or use any of our products and services. This also includes using any of our products and services as a learner (user) or LMS Account Manager (user) using our UCT Learning Management System (LMS) or DIY Trainer's Portal (user).
It also demonstrates how we may process data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") as applicable to those visitors and users from the EU. It also explains how we generally respect and protect your privacy as part of the privacy policies applied by Universal Care Training.
Universal Care Training is a trading name of Universal Training Technologies Pty Ltd, a company incorporated in Australia with ABN: 83 650 945 752.
You can contact us on +61 1300 697 545 (Australia) or by writing to us at:
Universal Care Training
Att: Data Protection Officer
8/25-27 Vigilant Street
Ulladulla NSW 2539
If you need to contact us in relation to your data protection, our privacy or cookies policy please use our Contact Form located on our www.uctraining.com.au home page to submit your enquiry. In the "Message/Enquiry" section of the form enter the words "Data Privacy and Cookies" and any other information that may assist us with your enquiry. You will then receive an email/receipt confirming your enquiry has been submitted.
We call data that identifies or could reasonably be used to identify a user of our services, enquirer, customer, visitor or individual as 'Personal Data'. This may include information that you give us by filling out forms on this website, registering, using our Learning Management System (LMS) and other products and services provided by us or by corresponding with us by phone, live web chat, email or otherwise. This information may include your full name, job title and contact details including your email address and telephone number.
We collect your data, including 'Personal Data', for certain legitimate business interests of ours. Processing under this basis may occur in the following circumstances:
- When you make a request for further information on our website, either through a requested demo, live web chat, contact form or similar transmission, we will use the data you provide to fulfil your request for information. We will also store this information on our database and use it to follow up with you, either by telephone or through an electronic communication.
- When you register your details via a form or promotional activity on a third party website in exchange for a resource, a demo or further information on a product or service, we will use the data you provide to fulfil your request and we will also store this information on our database and use it to follow up with you, either by telephone or through an electronic communication.
- When you register on our website to use, access or purchase any of our products and services, we will use the data provided to give you access to resources, products and services on the website and may contact you by telephone or electronic communication to help you get the most out of them.
- Your email address may be stored with our third party email communications processing service, and we will use this for electronic communications. Any electronic communications sent to you via this third party will always provide the option to 'unsubscribe' (remove) your email address from the third party email communications processing service provider.
- Any payment or transaction details processed in accordance with PayPal or Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CommBank) payment terms and conditions.
- Any information necessary to provide you with invoices, payment receipts or to process any purchases/orders of our products and services.
- Where you have provided us with your details, we may contact you to notify you of changes to our services.
- Learner accounts using our UCT Learning Management System (LMS) will store information about each course enrolled, attempted and completed/passed by that individual learner. This information is available to both the individual learner and the user of the associated UCT LMS Manager Account used to enrol and manage those same learners.
When you interact with our website, we use Google Analytics to better understand the use of our website and to help us provide improvements. The data obtained by Google Analytics is not used by us to identify or associate the Google Analytics to a specific individual. Google Analytics may record geographical locations, devices used, internet browsers and operating system used, none of which would be classified as Personal Data.
Any information that we process, including Personal Data, will be stored on a secure server or computer device. We will not retain your Personal Data for longer than is necessary for the processing. Where you have registered and provided your consent to receive communications from us, then we will retain your Personal Data for this purpose until your consent is withdrawn.
Sharing your Information
We use third party processors to assist us in storing your data safely and securely while interacting with our website, as well as other services.
Our third party processors are:
Vodien Internet Solutions - 24/7 cloud hosting services - owned by Dreamscape Networks Limited. We host our website, database and email server with them.
- Google Analytics (no personal data processed)
We also use a number of payment providers, which are:
Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Any payments you make on the website will be processed by one of these providers. It will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow it to perform its services. We recommend that you familiarise yourself with Commonwealth Bank of Australia and PayPal’s respective privacy policies and terms of service.
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation and our own privacy and cookies policy, you have a number of rights in relation to your Personal Data. These rights include (i) the right to be informed; (ii) the right of access; (iii) the right to rectification; (iv) the right to erasure; (v) the right to restrict processing; (vi) the right to data portability; (vii) the right to object; and (viii) rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling. We are committed to upholding these rights. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Where you have provided us with consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. To reiterate, you can do this at any time by contacting us directly or following the ‘unsubscribe’ link provided in any electronic communications you receive from us.
If you wish to exercise your right of access, then you may make a request by contacting us. In most cases, we will not charge you a fee and will respond within one month. Fees may be charged for repeated or vexatious requests and we may take two months to provide all information in response to particularly complex requests. We will let you know if this is the case.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser. They enable the site or service provider systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information, such as items saved in your online shopping basket, approved sign-in/access to our online services and identifying authorised users.
Most cookies used are temporary and are automatically removed once you close your browser or visit another website. Others expire and are automatically removed after a reasonable period.
No cookies created by us stores personal data about any individual using our services.
Third Party Links
We may sometimes include or offer third party products or services on our website. The websites of these third parties will have separate and independent privacy policies, with which you should familiarise yourself. We bear no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these third party sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our website and welcome any feedback regarding these third party websites.
This Privacy & Cookies Policy was last updated on July 19 2021.